Cries of futility
Herion trial 10 years on
About Dr Wendell Rosevear
Back To Basics: Some Issues in the Drugs Debate
Regulate one drug
About Dr. Wendell J. Rosevear
O.A.M., M.B.,B.S., Dip. RACOG., FRACGP., J.P. (Qual.)
- Doctor who works in Alcohol and Drug Recovery, HIV/AIDS, Rape and Sexual Abuse Recovery,
General Practice, Gay and Lesbian Health, Counselling and Prisoner Health.
- He has worked in Prisons since 1975 and started work in Alcohol and Drug Recovery in
- 1991 Founded GLADS: Gay and Lesbian Alcohol and Drugs Support Group.
- 1993 Founded MARS: Men Affected by Rape and Sexual-Abuse. He trains Queensland doctors
in helping addicts.
- 1996 Brisbane Citizen of the Year.
- 1996 A.M.A. National Award for "Best Individual Contribution to Health Care in
- 1996 David Kopp Memorial Award for Service to the Gay and Lesbian Community. 1997
Anti-Violence Award for Work with Male Victims of Sexual Assault.
- 1998 Order of Australia Medal for work with people who have HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and Drug
Problems and Victims of Sexual Assault.