Wednesday 19 September: A drug policy conversation with Johann Hari
The first event of the 2018 Canberra Drug Policy Series: A drug policy conversation with Johann Hari, will be presented on 19 September, 8pm at The Playhouse, Canberra Theatre Centre.
Johann Hari is a TED Talks sensation with almost 10 million views, the author of two New York Times best-selling books, and for some, a controversial character. At the event, we will speak with Hari, about his experience of writing ‘Chasing the Scream: the First and Last Days of the War on Drugs’ and many of the people he met along the way.
We hope this event will:
- Stimulate drug policy discussions
- Encourage reflections on the impacts of drug policy including stigma
- Promote positive, evidence-informed and earlier help-seeking, including awareness of and need for drug and alcohol treatment and support services
- Encourage participants to engage in The Canberra Drug Policy Series event in November (more information to come).
- Date: Wednesday 19 September 2018
Venue: The Playhouse, Canberra Theatre Centre, Civic Square, London Circuit, Canberra City
Cost: $23 + transaction fee,
For more information: See the poster and the flyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 6249 6358
Please purchase your tickets here: https://canberratheatrecentre.com.au/show/a-conversation-with-johann-hari/